Teachers are Professionals,
Committed to Students and Their Learning
- Teachers act on the belief that
all students can learn.
- Teachers exhibit respect for
students and recognize their differences.
- Teachers use a variety of
instructional strategies to make learning accessible to
- Teachers adapt instruction in
response to student needs through analysis and use of
- Teachers are responsive to the
intellectual and effective needs of their
Teachers Know the Subjects They
Teach and How to Teach Those Subjects to Students
- Teachers exhibit a strong working knowledge
of subject matter by staying abreast of current research and educational
- Teachers facilitate the linking of
concepts in their content area to familiar ideas, to prior experiences
and to other content areas.
- Teachers guide students to construct
knowledge through experiences, discussions and technology.
- Teachers encourage students to work
cooperatively and independently in a positive and stimulating learning
- Teachers assist students in developing
critical and analytical skills.
- Teachers emphasize real-world applications
in their instructional practice.
Teachers are Members of Learning
- Teachers work collaboratively with
and learn from other professionals.
- Teachers adhere to the learning
goals and objectives established by state and local
- Teachers attend to issues of
curricular alignment and integration.
- Teachers contribute to school-wide
improvements and participate in decision-making
- Teachers participate in professional
development to refine instructional practices.
Teachers are Responsible for
Managing and Monitoring Student Learning
- Teachers hold high expectations for
- Teachers act as facilitators, assisting
students in setting and reaching individual goals.
- Teachers engage students in active
- Teachers consistently and purposefully
use formal and informal assessments to monitor student progress and
make instructional decisions.
- Teachers approach management as a process
of establishing an effective learning environment.
We, in the Spring
Branch Independent School District, hold ourselves to the highest standards
of professionalism. We continue to study, reflect, and grow in an effort
to serve the complex educational needs of each student in our diverse