Spring Branch ISD is frequently recognized by state and national groups for its people and its programs.
The district consistently earns top awards for its financial management and stewardship. Likewise, SBISD honors its own through a competitive Teacher of the Year and Principal of the Year process, and frequently recognizes individuals and teams who exemplify the district's core values through awarding #IAMSBISD medallions.
Recent Student Honors & Accolades:
- $15.2M Awarded in Student Grants and Scholarships for the Class of 2017
- 682 Advanced Placement® (AP) Scholars Awarded (2016-17)
- 203 Students Recognized by the Duke University Talent Identification Program (TIP)
- 17 National Merit Semifinalists
- 11 Schools Designated as America’s Healthiest Schools (2017-18)
- 8 Region 4 Teacher of the Year Winners (1989-2018)
- 4 Texas Teacher of the Year Winners
- 2 Kinder Excellence in Teaching Award for SBISD Educators (Since 2016)