A responsible steward
SBISD continues to be a responsible steward of community tax dollars. The Finance Department consistently earns state and national awards for its sound practices.
- Financial Integrity Rating System of Texas (FIRST) - Superior Achievement (19 Years)
- Certificate for Excellence in Financial Reporting (CAFR) - Government Finance Officers Association (Multiple Years)
- Award of Merit for Purchasing and Operations - Texas Association of School Business Officials (9 Years)
- Achievement of Excellence in Procurement Award (two years)
- Texas Association for School Nutrition Standards of Excellence Accreditation (every five years for 30 years)
- Institute for Public Procurement Accreditation for Public Procurement Departments (2021)
- Above & Beyond Award from National Cooperative Procurement Partners to SBISD Procurement Services Director Rick Gay (2021)
Low tax rate. Full exemptions.
Spring Branch ISD's tax rate has been reduced from $1.32098 last year to $1.30730. This represents the lowest SBISD tax rate since 2007-08.
Not only is Spring Branch ISD's total tax rate one of the lowest in the area, but the district is one of only a few to offer every exemption allowed by law, including the full 20 percent Homestead Exemption.
This exemption lowers the tax burden for district residents, and our senior citizens who file their Over-65 Exemption will "freeze" their SBISD tax levy.