2020 Election Events
SBISD Trustees election cancelled.
The Spring Branch ISD Board of Trustees has voted to cancel its scheduled Nov. 3 election for Board Positions No. 1 and No. 2 after the district elections secretary certified that candidates for these two positions were unopposed.
During a recent August 10 Board workshop meeting, Trustees voted unanimously (7-0) to adopt an order cancelling the previously set Nov. 3 election, and to elect unopposed Position No. 1 and No. 2 candidates Josef D. Klam and Chris Gonzalez.
Both Klam and Gonzalez return to the SBISD Board as incumbents.
SBISD’s Elections Secretary Diane Dickens signed and sent to the Board the official certificate of unopposed candidates after the deadlines set for candidates and for write-ins had passed in early August.
The Board’s workshop action follows special meeting action taken on March 30 to postpone the district’s traditional planned May election until Nov. 3 due to health considerations related to possible spread of COVID-19.
That election decision was preceded by a proclamation issued by Texas Gov. Greg Abbott that suspended specific provisions of the Texas Election Code allowing for election postponements during the current pandemic.
After the recent Board workshop vote, a copy of the Order Cancelling Election will be posted at each district polling place that would have been used for the Trustee election if it had occurred.
For more information on the SBISD Board of Trustees, please visit the Board’s site:
Trustee Positions 3 and 4 will be on the Spring Branch ISD ballot on May 1, 2021. Each member serves a three-year term.
Please read carefully and understand the Board members' eligibility and qualifications in the BBA (LEGAL) document.
In order to file for Board of Trustees by the deadline, a candidate must submit the following forms:
- Application for a Place on the Ballot
- Appointment of a Campaign Treasurer by a Candidate
- Code of Fair Campaign Practices
Please note: Use Chrome for your browser instead of Internet Explorer for opening links and attachments.
Saturday, May 1, 2021
7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Voting locations are based on middle school attendance zones and home street address:
- Precinct No. 41 – Landrum Middle School, 2200 Ridgecrest, Houston, TX 77055
- Precinct No. 42 – Memorial Middle School, 12550 Vindon, Houston, TX 77024
- Precinct No. 43 – Spring Branch Middle School, 1000 Piney Point, Houston, TX 77024
- Precinct No. 44 – Spring Woods Middle School, 9810 Neuens, Houston, TX 77080
- Precinct No. 45 – Spring Forest Middle School, 14240 Memorial, Houston, TX 77079
- Precinct No. 46 – Spring Oaks Middle School, 2150 Shadowdale, Houston, TX 77043
- Precinct No. 47 – Northbrook Middle School, 3030 Rosefield, Houston, TX 77080
Elections Secretary/Early Voting Clerk
Spring Branch ISD
955 Campbell Rd.
Houston, TX 77024