Those submitting grant proposals need to consult the Grants Department if the proposal fits one or more of the following:
- Are $5,000 or more per funding year. Please read Board Policy CDC (Local).
- Requires Board of Trustees and/or Superintendent's endorsement
- Will duplicate and/or compete with other proposals from SBISD or community entities
- Requires additional personnel or changes in current personnel
- Requires a match from the school district or another partner
SBISD can best support the grant process if information about grants that meet the above criteria is communicated early in the proposal writing stage. This will increase possibilities for collaboration and guard against unnecessary duplication.