- Texas Education Agency - G/T Education
- Texas Association for the Gifted and Talented (TAGT)
- National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC)
- National Society for the Gifted and Talented (NSGT)
- Supporting Emotional Needs of the Gifted (SENG)
- MENSA for Kids
articles and webinars
- 5 Unexpected Intensities of Gifted Students - Article from Byrdseed.com
- 5 Essentials to Parenting Gifted Kids - Webinar by Dr. Lynette Breedlove
- Other Parent Webinars available through TAGT
- NAGT Tip Sheets
- College Board Resources for Parents and Families
- ACT Resources for Students & Parents
- Duke TIP
- Davidson Institute
- Renzulli Center for Creativity, Gifted Education, and Talented Development
- Gifted Guru (Lisa Van Gemert)
- Hoagies’ Gifted Education Page
- Prufrock Press Parenting Gifted Children Resources
- Big Life Journal
- Queensbury Theatre
Check here regularly for upcoming Parent Ed sessions sponsored by Advanced Academics!
The presentation on understanding Pre-AP and advanced coursework options in middle school and high school is now available. Originally presented January 21 and 22nd, 2020
Presented by Amy Ellingson, Facilitator - Advanced Academics
The GT Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) functions as a liaison between campuses and Advanced Academics. PAC members serve GT families on their home campuses by communicating information and sharing feedback to strengthen GT programs and services.
Each campus is invited to appoint a rep to serve each school year.
Contact your campus counselor to find out which PAC member represents your campus and to be added to their email list.