Check here regularly for upcoming Parent Ed sessions sponsored by Advanced Academics!
- Texas Education Agency - G/T Education
- Texas Association for the Gifted and Talented (TAGT)
- National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC)
- National Society for the Gifted and Talented (NSGT)
- Supporting Emotional Needs of the Gifted (SENG)
- MENSA for Kids
- Texas Gifted Education FamilyNetwork (GEFN)
articles and webinars
- 5 Unexpected Intensities of Gifted Students - Article from Byrdseed.com
- 5 Essentials to Parenting Gifted Kids - Webinar by Dr. Lynette Breedlove
- Other Parent Webinars available through TAGT
- NAGT Tip Sheets
- College Board Resources for Parents and Families
- ACT Resources for Students & Parents
- Baylor TIP (Talent Identification Program)
- Duke TIP
- Davidson Institute
- Renzulli Center for Creativity, Gifted Education, and Talented Development
- Gifted Guru (Lisa Van Gemert)
- Hoagies’ Gifted Education Page
- Prufrock Press Parenting Gifted Children Resources
- Big Life Journal
- Queensbury Theatre
The GT Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) functions as a liaison between campuses and Advanced Academics. PAC members serve GT families on their home campuses by communicating information and sharing feedback to strengthen GT programs and services.
Each campus is invited to appoint a rep to serve each school year.
Contact your campus counselor to find out which PAC member represents your campus and to be added to their email list.