As stated in Blended by Heather Staker and Michael Horn, teachers are critical to the success of blended and personalized learning and it is important to design their role well so that teachers benefit from the shift in practice as much as students do.
We know that providing teachers with professional development that models effective digital learning environments and coaching them on the design and implementation of technology-enhanced learning experiences will impact teacher practice and student achievement.
Through the development of the Vanguard Fellowship, Spring Branch ISD will create a professional development model that provides teachers opportunities to grow, assume new responsibilities and leeway to innovate, and receive recognition for their efforts. To keep the program innovative, teachers will apply for a 3-year term moving into emeritus status in years 4+.
We are seeking innovative SBISD classroom teachers who are using technology in transformational ways that support learning for all students. We are looking for teachers interested in:
- committing to learning new strategies and reflecting on their practice openly with peers,
- sharing their classroom learning environment with fellow educators in and out of Spring Branch,
- modeling high quality learning practices where technology is a tool to empower student learning and achievement,
- coaching fellow teachers with open, collaborative practices and partnering with them in making their transformation!
- passionate about developing strategies to meet the needs of #every child,
- one with #limitlesscuriosity - a leader of your own learning,
- a willing mentor for peers who possess #collaborativespirit, and
- driving innovation to #collectivegreatness?
Still more? Feel free to reach out to Shelby Acevedo in Educational Technology.