The SBISD District Science Department believes that all students are able to learn and achieve the district goal of T-2-4 for every child.
- Model excellence;
- Champion science literacy;
- Value scientific excellence;
- Embrace diversity, equity, and respect;
- Enhance teaching and learning through research;
- Collaborate with partners; and
- Exemplify a dynamic professional organization.
Science Best Practices
Inquiry is the process in which scientists learn about the world. It involves asking questions and designing ways to find the answers to problems.
This method of learning science is key to producing a scientifically literate society.
5E Instructional Model