A lottery will be held for spaces in the prekindergarten classes on elementary campuses.
Registration will be held in early August.
Registration will be at neighborhood elementary schools and at the Schools for Early Learning.
The following must be presented at registration:
- Birth certificate
- Proof of residence in Spring Branch Independent School District (lease agreement or mortgage payment book)
- Health records/immunizations - Evidence of the immunizations is required at registration. See immunization details below.
- Social Security Card (if child has one). If a child's parents are active military, evidence of that status can be furnished to the school to qualify for free prekindergarten tuition.
- Evidence of current income or homelessness to qualify for free or reduced price lunch in addition to prekindergarten.
- Diphtheria/Pertussis/Tetanus - Four (4) doses of DTaP/DTP are required for children 19 months through 4 years of age.
At age 5 or upon entry into kindergarten, five (5) doses of vaccine in any combination are required unless the fourth dose was
received on or after the fourth birthday in which case only four (4) doses are required
- Polio - By age 4 years, three (3) doses are required. At age 5, or upon entry into kindergarten, four (4) doses are required,
one of which must have been received on or after the fourth birthday. If the 3rd dose was administered on or after the fourth birthday, only three (3) doses are required. If a combination of four (4) doses of OPV and IPV was received before four
years of age, no additional dose is required. However, if the series is comprised of all IPV or all OPV, then a booster dose is required.
- Measles* (Rubeola) - One (1) dose of measles-containing vaccine is required. The first dose shall be administered on or
after the first birthday. A second dose is due by age 5, or upon entry into kindergarten.
Rubella* and Mumps* -One (1) dose each of rubella and one (1) dose of mumps vaccine received on or after the first
birthday is required. (May be given in MMR combination vaccine.)
- Haemophilus influenzae (type b conjugate) - One (1) dose for children 15 months but not yet 5 years of age unless a schedule for a primary series and booster was met prior to or at 15 months. History of Hib disease since age 2 through age 4
is accepted by written statement from a physician licensed to practice medicine in the United States.
Hepatitis B* - Three (3) doses are required.
- Varicella* - One (1) dose of varicella vaccine received on or after the first birthday is required. Reliable parent history or
physician validation of varicella illness may meet requirement.
- Hepatitis B* - Three (3) doses are required (4 wks. Between dose 1 - 2; 8 wks between dose 2 - 3, and 16 wks after first dose)
- Hepatitis A - two (2) doses given 6 - 18 months apart for children 2 years - 4 years. (Effective January 2007: first dose required on/after 12 months-this is a change from 24 months of age.)
- Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine (PCV7) - Ages: 2-6 Months - 3 doses +booster on or after 12 months; 7-11 Months - 2 doses + booster on or after 12 months; 12-23 Months - 2 doses, no additional booster; 24-59 Months - 1 dose on or after 24 months or completed series and booster (if indicated) by 23 months. Age 5 and older not required.
- *Serologic confirmation of illness will meet requirement for Measles, Rubella, Mumps, Varicella, and Hepatitis B
Vaccine doses administered less than or equal to four (4) days before the minimum interval or age shall count as valid.