All prescription and non-prescription medication must be kept in the health room/clinic-and must be registered with the health services staff when a student arrives on campus.
- Medication will be administered to students only when the medication is necessary for the student to complete the school day.
- Prescription medication may only be administered when a signed, written request with complete dosage instructions has been received from a physician or dentist licensed to practice in the United States and the parent/guardian. Prescription medication must be provided by the parent/guardian in the original container appropriately labeled with complete dosage instructions from a recognized pharmacy or physician.
- Non-prescription medication may be administered when a signed, written request with dosage instructions has been received from the parent/guardian. Non-prescription medication must be provided by the parent/guardian in the original container with the original label of dosage instructions.
- Each campus must have a Clinic Emergency card on file in the event a student has a medical emergency at school or a school-related activity and the parent/guardian cannot be reached and consent to treat is nescessary.
- Parents/guardians should include information about pre-existing medical conditions, allergies, and medications, etc. on the Clinic Emergency card. Parents/guardians are required to complete and sign a Clinic Emergency card each year, keep emergency care information up-to-date (ie: emergency phone numbers, allergies, name of doctor, etc.), and contact the school nurse to update information.
- Prescription Medications
- Non Prescription Medications
- Physician Statement for Student held Inhaler
- Physician Statement for Student held Epi – pen
- Diabetes Management and Treatment Plan
- Guidelines for Self Management of Diabetes
- Physician Authorization for Student Self Management of Diabetes at School
- Medication administration thru a patch
- Physician Statement for Administration of Special Health Care Procedure