Learning Opportunities that Lead to Student Success
The goal of Spring Branch ISD is to provide quality educational experiences that prepare students for post-secondary success. The Special Education Department provides support and resources to schools that enable campus staff to meet the unique needs of students with disabilities and provide meaningful learning opportunities.
To receive special education services, students from age 3 through 21, must meet eligibility requirements as a student with auditory impairment, autism, deaf-blindness, emotional disturbance, intellectual disability, non-categorical early-childhood, orthopedic impairment, other health impairment, specific learning disability, speech or language impairment, traumatic brain injury or visual impairment and as a result, require specially designed instruction to benefit educationally.
- TEXAS WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS-VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION PRESENTS PREPARING FOR TRANSITION 2023-JANUARY 28, 2023 10:00 AM- 12:00 PM HOUSTON FOODBANK- 535 PORTWALL ST. HOU,TX 77029
- TEA: Parent's Rights: An Overview of Special Education Evaluations
- Paths, Aggie Achieve & Hops Programs at Texas A&M University- December 12, 2022 1:00-4:00 PM RSVP TODAY!
- Community Resources Fair November 9, 2022
- Virtual College Inclusion Conference- September 24, 2022
- **SPEDTex- Special Education Information Center
- State Dyslexia Updates
- Notice to Families: Special Education Evaluation (Senate Bill 139)
- Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP)
SB 1716 passed in the 87th Legislative Session expanded the Supplemental Special Education Services (SSES) Program to provide $1500 grants to families of qualifing Special Education students. Beginning November 1, 2021, new eligibilty guidelines will go into effect making all currently enrolled Texas Public School students served by Special Education eligible.
- Application: Supplemental Special Education Services (SSES) Website
- SSES Quick Look English/Spanish
The Question and Answer document is in both English and Spanish and can be accessed at: