Free & Reduced

Community Eligibility Provision for 2020-2021 - Schools List

The Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) allows Spring Branch ISD schools identified with a high percentages of qualifying students the option to serve breakfast and lunch meals at no cost to all students on the indicated campus.

Under CEP guidelines, meals are served to qualifying school children without collecting breakfast and lunch application forms. However, in order to maximize all the benefits available to your school, please be sure to complete an"Income Survey" form.  These forms are available at your campus and can also be completed thru this website under the 'Forms' section to the left on this page.

Under the Community Eligibility Provision, SBISD has elected to participate in CEP to provide free meals to all students at the schools listed below:
CEP 2020-2021 participating schools
  • Spring Woods High
  • Northbrook High
  • Cornerstone/Academy of Choice/DDAEP
  • Landrum Middle School
  • Spring Woods Middle
  • Spring Oaks Middle
  • Northbrook Middle
  • Bendwood Campus
  • Buffalo Creek Elementary
  • Cedarbrook Elementary
  • Edgewood Elementary
  • Hollibrook Elementary
  • Housman Elementary
  • Terrace Elementary
  • Pine Shadows Elementary
  • Sherwood Elementary
  • Ridgecrest Elementary
  • Shadow Oaks Elementary
  • Spring Shadows Elementary
  • Westwood Elementary
  • Woodview Elementary
  • Spring Branch Elementary
  • Thornwood Elementary
  • Treasure Forest Elementary
  • Panda Path School for Early Learning (PreK)
  • Lion Lane School for Early Learning (PreK)
  • Bear Blvd. School for Early Learning (PreK)
  • Tiger Trail School for Early Learning (PreK)
  • Wildcat Way School for Early Learning (PreK)
It is important to note the following under CEP rules and guidelines:
This program operates for students only – adults at qualifying campuses will still be required to pay for meals.
  • There will no longer be a need to collect free and reduced price applications for students who are in the CEP program and qualifying schools. CEP participating schools will have an “Income Survey” form to replace the no longer required free and reduced lunch applications
  •  For students who have siblings or other family members who are enrolled in non-CEP participating schools, families must complete applications for those students to receive free or reduced price benefits.
  • SBISD believes that the Community Eligibility Provision will be good for all qualifying students and for our campuses, parents and communities. For questions, please call 713.251.1150.

Who can receive Free and Reduced Meals?

Children in households receiving Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits (formerly the Food Stamp Program) or TANF can get free meals regardless of income.

Your benefit letter from the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) is your documentation for free meals.

If you have not already received a letter from your school stating that your household is eligible for free meals, you may take your HHSC benefit letter to your child nutrition office to be certified for free meals.


Applications for Free and Reduced Meal Program cannot be accepted via fax or email. You may print out one of the following documents and return the completed and signed form to the SBISD campus convenient to you.


Letter to household

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. mail:
    U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
  2. fax:
    (202) 690-7442; or
  3. email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.