Message from Superintendent of Schools, Grab and Go Meals – New schedule for week of March 30
Message from Superintendent of Schools - March 31, 2020
In alignment with Governor Abbott’s Executive Order issued this afternoon, Spring Branch ISD will extend the timeline for the suspension of our normal operations through May 1, 2020. The earliest we would return to school would be Monday, May 4.
We will review our reopening plans the week of April 27. We also will continue to align with guidance from local, state and national government and health agencies.
SBISD plans to continue supporting our students’ learning via the online Digital Backpack, and we plan to continue providing Grab and Go Meals while the district remains closed.
We understand the impact of the district’s sustained closure on our families, staff and community. We very much appreciate your continued patience and support as we continue to work as swiftly and effectively as possible to support you all at this time.
We also ask all of the Spring Branch Family to abide by the City of Houston and Harris County Stay Home Work Safe and social distancing guidelines. It’s up to all of us to do our part as we face this health crisis together.
Jennifer Blaine, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools
Grab and Go Meals – New schedule for week of March 30
SBISD Child Nutrition Services will continue Grab and Go breakfast and lunch the week of March 30 with a new four-day a week schedule as outlined below and continuing until April 10, or further notice. Locations remain the same. Hours are as noted, or until all meals are distributed.
Meals will be distributed Monday through Thursday.
- On Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, one (1) full breakfast and one(1) full lunch meal will be provided per student, age 18 and under in the car*.
- On Thursdays, two (2) full breakfasts and (2) full lunch meals will be provided per student, age 18 and under in the car*.
- Meals will be distributed based on the number of students 18 and under in your car.
- Meals will be offered cold to provide safe transport home.
- Meal distribution hours are as noted, or until all meals have been distributed
- Spring Branch ISD Grab and Go Meals are fully managed, produced and distributed by SBISD Child Nutrition Services staff.
*Families who do not have transportation may walk to a pick-up site and will be asked to stand in line while abiding by the six-foot social distancing asked of us all.