Supporting Spring Branch ISD
Purchasing provides procurement and contract administration services for the District.
The vision of the Purchasing Department is to become the premier K-12 procurement platform in the nation by demonstrating value and integrity to the District, the Community, and the State by following standard operating procedures that are always Fair, Inclusive, and Transparent."
The mission of the Purchasing Department is to ensure the uninterrupted flow of goods and services needed to efficiently operate the District cost-effectively, the right products and services at the right price, to the right location, at the right time, every time.
The Purchasing Department is a seven-time recipient of the TASBO Award of Merit for Purchasing and Operations (AOM). This award is provided to school districts and Education Service Centers statewide that are committed to following professional standards in the acquisition of goods and services.
What does Purchasing do?
- Facilitate the Procurement Process for Bids/Proposals
- Furniture Procurement for New/Renovated Campuses
- Approve and Process Purchase Orders
- Maintain Vendor Database
- Maintain Vendor Electronic Background Check System
- Contract Management Support
- Train and Assist Campus/Department Administrative Assistants
- Comply with State Purchasing Laws
- Create and Maintain Warehouse Catalog
- District Mail Services
- Facilitate the Surplus Auction Process
- Records Management Services for Select SBISD Campuses