Supporting Spring Branch ISD
Purchasing provides procurement and contract administration services for the District.
Working with every organization within the District, Purchasing's vision is to ensure that the purchase and administration of products and services are in accordance with the guidelines of the Texas Education Agency (TEA).
The Purchasing Department is a seven-time recipient of the TASBO Award of Merit for Purchasing and Operations (AOM). This award is provided to school districts and Education Service Centers statewide that are committed to following professional standards in the acquisition of goods and services.
What does Purchasing do?
- Facilitate the Procurement Process for Bids/Proposals
- Furniture Procurement for New/Renovated Campuses
- Approve and Process Purchase Orders
- Maintain Vendor Database
- Maintain Vendor Electronic Background Check System
- Contract Management Support
- Train and Assist Campus/Department Administrative Assistants
- Comply with State Purchasing Laws
- Create and Maintain Warehouse Catalog
- District Mail Services
- Facilitate the Surplus Auction Process
- Records Management Services for Select SBISD Campuses