SBISD conducts a surplus furniture and equipment auction periodically for the purpose of disposing of items that are either no longer functional or needed by the various campuses and departments. By State law and SBISD School Board policy, all surplus items must be disposed of in this manner. This auction is held at different times during the year, warranted by the volume of surplus items. Interested parties should check for auction advertisements in the Houston Chronicle, or periodically visit the SBISD or Lemons Auctioneers websites for information about upcoming sale dates.
- Surplus items are collected and taken to the Surplus Warehouse located at 9016 Westview Dr. Houston, Texas 77055, or to the vendor’s storage location (TBD).
- Items will be auctioned by SBISD at a designated date.
- Auctions are typically “online”. The auction will last for 10 working days and there will be a 3-5 day pick up period.
- Current auctioneer:
1011 Inwood Street,
Tomball, TX 77375
- All participants must register online to participate in the auction.
- Lemons requires a $100.00 deposit to be able to bid on items. The deposit may be applied to the purchase of items.
- Fleet items are often included in the auction. All vehicles are “as is” some may be operational and some may not. Please attend the preview to determine current condition.
- All items are sold “as is” and cannot be returned.
- Items will be sold as a lot, and the purchaser must take the entire lot.
- All purchasers need to be prepared to pick up, load, and secure their purchase without the aid of SBISD employees.
- Any items not picked up during the allotted time frame will be disposed of properly in accordance with District and State policy.
There is a pre-auction merchandise viewing for patrons/SBISD Community. Date/Time will be publicized on the SBISD website. Check the website periodically for updates.