Darrell Tully Stadium
1050 Dairy Ashford
Houston, Texas 77079
Darrell Tully Stadium opened for the football season of 1966. The first varsity football game played in Tully Stadium was between Memorial High School and Dallas-Kimball High School. The stadium is named for Darrell Tully. Coach Tully as he was known affectionately by many players and coaches was a former head football coach and campus athletic director at Spring Branch High School from 1957 until 1964.
In 1964, Coach Tully became the Spring Branch ISD Athletic Director and remained in that capacity until his retirement in 1978. The stadium was constructed for an original cost of 1.2 million dollars. The field was originally grass, but Astroturf was installed in 1972. The artificial turf was replaced in 1984, 1996 and 2010.
The field has approximately 72,000 square feet of artificial turf. Seating capacity of the stadium is approximately 15,000. Season passes to home varsity football games may be purchased online or at the central athletic office in the summer between July and the first game of the season.
Tully is the home stadium for the district's four high schools' varsity football games. Middle school football is also regularly played in the stadium. Tully Stadium is also a site used for middle school cross country meets, high school and middle school soccer, lacrosse, and high school club rugby. Tully also hosts the SBMSA Football Tully Bowl. Tully continues to be a stadium of choice for playoff football and soccer games and is regularly used by our schools when conditions do not permit practice on the grass fields.
Tully Stadium is available for rental by certain qualified groups or organizations. Interested parties should contact the Facility Rental Specialist, Monica Tlass, for more information.