Flexible Spending & Health Savings
Administered by WEX
Customer Service 866.451.3399, email@example.com
FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
- Medical FSA Employee Handout
- Dependent Care FSA Employee Handout
- FSA Benefits Card - To request replacement or additional FSA Benefits Cards
- FSA Reimbursement Claim Form
- FSA Store
- Mobile App
- Benefits Technology and Resources
HSA (Health Savings Account)
- HSA Employee Handout
- HSA Benefits Card - To request replacement or additional HSA Benefits Cards
- HSA Transfer Form - This form should be completed by any employee who wishes to transfer prior HSA funds to Discovery Benefits
- Mobile App
Annual Contribution Limits
|Total for 2022-2023|
|Dependent Care FSA||$5,000|
|Health Savings Account||$3,650 single
There are two types of FSAs:
1. Healthcare FSA used to reimburse out-of-pocket medical expenses incurred by you and your dependents.
Use your healthcare FSA for:
- Major dental work or orthodontia
- Deductibles and Copays for medical, rx, dental and vision
- Qualified out-of-pocket healthcare expenses not reimbursed by a medical plan
2. Dependent care FSA used to reimburse expenses related to the care of your eligible dependents while you and your spouse work. Use your dependent care account for:
- Care or services for children under 13 years, including before or after school care
- Elder Care
Eligible and Ineligible Expenses
The IRS determines what expenses are eligible and ineligible. You can view eligible and ineligible expenses in the link below. If you are unsure about whether an expense is eligible or not, contact Discovery Benefits at 866.451.3399.
If you do not use all the money in your FSA for expenses incurred, you will forfeit the unused balance with the exception of $550. The medical FSA has a rollover feature which will rollover up to $550 remaining in your medical FSA to the next plan year. Amounts over $550 will be lost.
Expenses must occur within the plan year, by August 31. Claims for the 2021-2022 Plan Year must be filed with WEX by September 30, 2022. Claims for the 2022-2023 Plan Year must be filed by September 30, 2023.
Health Savings Account
A Healthcare savings account (HSA) acts similar to the FSAs except the money is yours to keep. There is no "use it or lose it" feature.
- You must enroll in TRS ActiveCare 1-HD to participate. If you are not enrolled in this plan, you cannot contribute to an HSA
- You cannot contribute to both an HSA and an FSA at the same time.
- Unused money rolls over to next year. There is no limit to how much money you can have in your HSA at any time.
- You may also choose to invest the money for the long-term.
- You can continue to use the funds in your HSA for qualified medical expenses, even if you are no longer enrolled in a qualified plan.
If you are considering enrolling in the HSA contact WEX at 866.451.3399.