There are two 24-month periods in the current training cycle which ends on August 31, 2017. The first 24-month period, or unit, begins on 09/01/2013 and ends on 08/31/2015. The second 24-month period, or unit, begins on 09/01/2015 and ends on 08/31/2017, which is also the conclusion date of the 48-month training cycle.
Peace Officer Licensees
Please pay close attention to the training mandates for the 2013-2015 training unit. The number of required hours has not changed.
Required Hours (Texas Occupations Code 1701.351(a)):
- 2013 to 2015 training unit - 40 hours
- 2015 to 2017 training unit - 40 hours
Required Courses (Texas Occupations Code 1701.258 (a), 1701.351(a-1) and 1701.352)
- 2013 to 2015 training unit - Course 3183 State and Federal Law Update Course (or TCOLE online equivalent).
- 2015 to 2017 training unit - Course 3184 State and Federal Law Update Course.
- 4 Year Training Cycle 2013 to 2017
- Those holding a BASIC PEACE OFFICER Certificate or no certificate will be required to have Cultural Diversity, Special Investigative Topics, and Crisis Intervention Training.
- Those holding an INTERMEDIATE or higher do not have specific courses (other than the State and Federal Law Update Course)