Dr. Blaine brings 29 years of experience including 19 in SBISD leading in roles ranging from principal to executive administrator and as an associate superintendent over three different divisions -- curriculum and instruction, administration, and talent and operations.
- Dr. Blaine is a 2010 fellow of the Broad Superintendents Academy, a selective and highly regarded national educational leadership institute.
- Serving as SBISD associate superintendent in several roles, Dr. Blaine has helped shape and implement some of the district’s strategic initiatives.
- As Associate Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction from 2005-2013, she helped implement the district’s original Five-Year Educational Plan. Under her leadership, SBISD narrowed achievement gaps among student subgroups in science, math, language arts and social studies. She managed the development of the first-ever secondary Program of Studies and the SKY Partnership, which links two charter school organizations, KIPP and YES Prep Public Schools, with SBISD at two district middle schools and at Northbrook High School.
- As SBISD’s Associate Superintendent for Administration and Operations for three years, she provided oversight of administration, facilities, transportation, athletics and school nurses. She led the development of the SBISD System of Care, designed to provide students behavioral support and health care services.
- As Associate Superintendent for Talent and Operations since 2016, Dr. Blaine worked with her staff and community members to develop the June 2017 Bond Advisory Committee recommendation to Trustees. She then worked closely with the Board and Dr. Muri to present to the community an $898.4 million bond package, which voters approved by 80 percent in November 2017.
- Dr. Blaine has also led her team to develop SBISD’s first-ever, innovative talent strategy focused on staff and teacher recruitment, hiring, professional development and retention. The strategy is focused on the personalized growth and development of every district employee.
A 1990 University of Iowa graduate, Dr. Blaine holds a Bachelor of Science degree in education with a specialization in reading. She has since earned a master’s degree and a doctorate, respectively, in educational administration andeducational leadership, both from Sam Houston State University in Huntsville, Texas.
Dr. Blaine has presented at the international, national and state levels. Her honors include the Annenberg Challenge Award for School Reform, which she earned three times; the New Jersey Writing Project’s Sue German Award for OutstandingInstructional Leadership; and Texas School Business Monthly’s featured CTE Leader recognition.
Dr. Blaine and her husband, Will, reside in the Spring Branch ISD community where their son attends SBISD schools.