Career & Technical Education (CTE) Long Range Facilities Committee
With resources allocated for CTE program planning in the 2017 Bond Program, in Spring 2018 the district launched a CTE Task Force to create a vision of a world-class CTE program for SBISD and develop actionable recommendations for achieving that vision. The Task Force presented its findings to Trustees in December 2018.
In Fall 2019, a 21-member CTE Working Group built on the work of the CTE Task Force to develop specific CTE Program of Studies recommendations. These recommendations were presented to Trustees in December 2019. With a defined vision for future CTE programming, in Spring/Summer 2020, district leaders, with support from Stantec architects, developed educational specifications to align with the future CTE Program of Studies. These were presented to Trustees in October, 2020.
The next step to bring to fruition SBISD’s vision for a world class CTE program is the development of a CTE long-range facilities plan to ensure students and staff have world-class CTE classrooms, labs, and facilities in which to teach and learn.
Scope of Work
- Receive and review the CTE Task Force report and CTE Working Group report.
- Receive and review the new CTE Educational Specifications.
- Receive and review all reports regarding CTE classrooms, labs and facilities.
- Review options for existing, renovated and/or new facilities, and their implications for projected enrollments, anticipated instructional programs and technology and related educational specifications, district staff, operations, and costs.
- Develop and present to the Board of Trustees a CTE Long-Range Facilities Plan to serve the district as a baseline for the next 10 years. The Plan should include recommendations related to upgrades, renovations, and/or expansions to existing classrooms, labs, and facilities to align with the CTE Program of Studies, and where appropriate, identify facilities to be replaced or added to the portfolio.
- The Committee will conclude its work once its CTE Long-Range Facilities Plan has been presented to the SBISD Board of Trustees, unless otherwise charged by the Board of Trustees.
- Shannon McNary
- Ed Valicek
|Tuesday, May 18||6 - 8pm||Stratford HS|
|Tuesday, June 8||6 - 8pm||Spring Branch MS|
|Thursday, June 24||6 - 8pm||Spring Forest MS|
|Thursday, July 8||6 - 8pm||Spring Woods HS|