Making Our Schools Better
Making Our Schools Better is what Spring Branch Education Foundation (SBEF) does. SBEF provides a vehicle for private funding to enhance education for our 35,000 students. All donations to SBEF -- 100 percent! -- remain in SBISD to fund programs that support our teachers and prepare our students for the future.
BY MAKING A DONATION, YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE TO STUDENT SUCCESS IN OUR DISTRICT -- ONE STUDENT, ONE CLASSROOM, ONE SCHOOL, ONE COMMUNITY AT A TIME!
EXAMPLES OF HOW SBEF DOES IT:
ONE STUDENT AT A TIME:
- Students who quality for free/reduced lunch (more than 1/2 of our students) receive school supplies.
- Almost 500 student/mentor relationships build self-confidence.
- Scholarships jump-start collegiate success -- 105 last year.
ONE CLASSROOM AT A TIME:
- J. Landon Short Mini-Grants help teachers transform teaching.
- Software and technology address dyslexia and dysgraphia challenges.
- Flexible classroom seating facilitates individual learning styles.
ONE SCHOOL AT A TIME:
- STEAM Leadership Academy emphasizes science, technology, engineering, art and math.
- Robotics clubs promote STEM careers.
- Technology helps students master math and reading.
ONE COMMUNITY AT A TIME:
- More than $1 million raised for SBEF's Harvey Relief Fund helped 1,104 student and staff SBISD families displaced by flooding.
- The Altharetta Yearn Art Museum offers a peek into cultures from around the world.
- Students receive new grade-level books for home libraries.
Upcoming Event: Save the Date
Sunday, April 14, 2019
BlackHorse Golf Club
Co-chairs: Scooter Hicks and Jay Sartain
8:00 am – Registration & Breakfast
9:30 am – Shotgun Start, Tee-Off Time
4 Player Team Scramble
Reception and Lunch
For more information: 713-251-2381