Cohort I Meeting Schedule:
Our future leaders need engaged, informed champions today. We hope you will join us!
During the yearlong LeadSBISD program, participants will be required to attend the opening retreat and will only be able to miss one of the training sessions to graduate from the program.
Participants will also be required to attend one Board of Trustees Regular Meeting and one Board of Trustees Workshop Meeting of their choice.
Meeting Location and Time
- Location: Wayne Schaper Leadership Center unless otherwise noted.
- Time: 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. (Dinner served beginning at 5:45 p.m.)
Topics by Month
January 15, 2020
- Opening Retreat
- Role of the School Board
- Overview of School Safety and Roundtable discussions
February 12, 2020
- Texas School Finance
- SBISD Budget Process
April 1, 2020* (via Zoom)
*The April 1 meeting was postponed due to COVID-19 until May 21 to hear how the Academics team has responded to the pandemic.
- Academics response to COVID
October 7, 2020 (via Zoom)
- 2017 Bond Program & Technology
November 4, 2020 (via Zoom)
- Community Relations and the Spring Branch Education Foundation (SBEF)
December 2020, Regular Board Meeting
- Participants graduate and are recognized
January 27, 2021 (via Zoom)
- Optional additional session: SBISD Legislative Priorities & Advocacy