Our future leaders need engaged, informed champions today. We hope you will join us!
During the yearlong LeadSBISD program, participants will be required to attend the opening retreat and will only be able to miss one of the six additional training sessions to graduate from the program.
Participants will also be required to attend one Board of Trustees Regular Meeting and one Board of Trustees Workshop Meeting of their choice.
Meeting Location and Time
- Location: Wayne Schaper Leadership Center unless otherwise noted.
- Time: 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. (Dinner served beginning at 5:45 p.m.)
Topics by Month
January 15, 2020
- Opening Retreat
- Role of the School Board
- Overview of School Safety and Roundtable discussions
February 12, 2020
- Texas School Finance
- SBISD Budget Process
April 1, 2020*
The April 1 meeting was postponed due to COVID-19. We will be hosting an optional Zoom Meeting on May 21 to hear how the Academics team has responded to the pandemic.
August 26, 2020
October 7, 2020
- Vision and Planning, Community
- Opportunities to Engage, SBEF
- SBISD Leadership Pipeline
November 4, 2020
- Legislative Issues/Advocacy
December 2020, Regular Board Meeting
- Participants graduate and are recognized
- Trip to Austin (Optional)
- Office visits with SBISD delegation