J. Landon Short Mini Grant for Educators
Since 2000, the J. Landon Short Mini Grant Program has enabled SBISD teachers to apply for $500 grants and teams of teachers to apply for $750 grants to enhance their students’ learning experiences. Over the last 20 years, we have awarded more than 800 grants!
The J. Landon Short Mini Grant Application is open! The application deadline has been EXTENDED through Sept. 18, 2020! Don't delay, apply today!
- Individual educators can apply for up to $500; Teams of teachers can apply for up to $750.
- If selected to be funded, applicants are given the choice of having funds distributed to their personal account or to their school account. This selection will be made in your Promissory Note.
- The only exception is for technology requests. All technology must be approved by the Buyer's Guide and purchased through your school bookkeeper, following all purchasing guidelines.
- Applications are blindly reviewed by a panel of program sponsors, community partners and SBISD employees. Click here to view the judges' rubric.
- Winning applicants will be notified in September and will receive funds in early October.
- Winning applicants are required to submit a grant evaluation and provide proper purchasing documentation in Spring 2021.
We awarded more funds this year than ever before across 29 campuses!
For a full list of winners and their grants, click here.
None of this would be possible without our amazing sponsors!
- First Community Credit Union
- McNair Endowment Interest
- Spring Branch Education Foundation
- Spring Branch Management District
- West Houston Chinese Church
Do you want your name or company name listed in the box on the left?
Do you want to make kids as excited as they are in the video above?
Do you want to make a lasting impact on the educational journey for Every Child?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, you are ready to sponsor! Contact Katie Redd at email@example.com or 713-251-2460.