J. Landon Short Mini Grant for Educators
Since 2000, the J. Landon Short Mini Grant Program has enabled SBISD teachers to apply for $500 grants and teams of teachers to apply for $750 grants to enhance their students’ learning experiences. Over the last 23 years, we have awarded more than 970 grants!
Click here for Easy Tips to Write a Winning Grant
- Individual educators can apply for up to $500; Teams of teachers can apply for up to $750.
- If selected to be funded, all funds will be distributed to the winner's campus or department. All necessary items must be purchased through the SBISD purchasing process using approved SBISD vendors.
- All technology (hardware, software, website subscriptions, etc.) must be approved in the SBISD Buyer's Guide following all purchasing guidelines.
- Applications are blindly reviewed by a panel of program sponsors, community partners and SBISD employees. Click here to view the judges' rubric.
- Winning applicants will be notified and will receive funds in October.
- Winning applicants are required to submit a grant evaluation and provide proper purchasing documentation in Spring 2024.
Congratulations to the 2022-23 Mini Grant Winners!
In October 2022, we awarded over $21,000 to fund 34 applications submitted from across 22 SBISD campuses. For a full list of winners and their grants, click here.
None of this would be possible without our amazing sponsors!
- First Community Credit Union
- Robert and Janice McNair Foundation Endowment Interest
- Spring Branch Education Foundation (SBEF)
- Spring Branch Management District
For answers to questions or more information, contact the Partnerships & Volunteer Team!