J. Landon Short Mini Grant for Educators
Since 2000, the J. Landon Short Mini Grant Program has enabled SBISD teachers to apply for $500 grants and teams of teachers to apply for $750 grants to enhance their students’ learning experiences. Over the last 21 years, we have awarded more than 900 grants!
- Click here for Easy Tips to Write a Winning Grant
- Individual educators can apply for up to $500; Teams of teachers can apply for up to $750.
- If selected to be funded, applicants are given the choice of having funds distributed to their personal account or to their school account. This selection will be made in your Promissory Note.
- The only exception is for technology requests. All technology must be approved by the Buyer's Guide and purchased through your school bookkeeper, following all purchasing guidelines.
- Applications are blindly reviewed by a panel of program sponsors, community partners and SBISD employees. Click here to view the judges' rubric.
- Winning applicants will be notified in September and will receive funds in October.
- Winning applicants are required to submit a grant evaluation and provide proper purchasing documentation in Spring 2021.
Despite this unprecedented year, teachers still engaged their students in innovative and amazing ways!
In October 2020, we awarded $27,587 to 53 grant winners and their co-applicants. For a full list of winners and their grants, click here.
None of this would be possible without our amazing sponsors!
- Kris Bybee Finley
- First Community Credit Union
- Travis & Kelly Gault
- McNair Endowment Interest
- Memorial Drive United Methodist Church
- Silverbow Resources
- Spring Branch Education Foundation (SBEF)
Do you want your name or company name listed in the box on the left?
Do you want to make kids as excited as they are in the video above?
Do you want to make a lasting impact on the educational journey for Every Child?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, you are ready to sponsor! Contact Katie Redd at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-251-2460.