J. Landon Short Mini Grant for Educators
Since 2000, the J. Landon Short Mini Grant Program has enabled SBISD teachers to apply for $500 grants and teams of teachers to apply for $750 grants to enhance their students’ learning experiences. Over the last 22 years, we have awarded more than 900 grants!
Click here for Easy Tips to Write a Winning Grant
- Individual educators can apply for up to $500; Teams of teachers can apply for up to $750.
- If selected to be funded, all funds will be distributed to the winner's campus or department. All necessary items must be purchased through the SBISD purchasing process using approved SBISD vendors.
- All technology (hardware, software, website subscriptions, etc.) must be approved in the SBISD Buyer's Guide following all purchasing guidelines.
- Applications are blindly reviewed by a panel of program sponsors, community partners and SBISD employees. Click here to view the judges' rubric.
- Winning applicants will be notified and will receive funds in October.
- Winning applicants are required to submit a grant evaluation and provide proper purchasing documentation in Spring 2023.
Despite this continued challenges of this school year, teachers still engaged their students in innovative and amazing ways!
In October 2021, we awarded $25,090 to 45 grant winners and their co-applicants. For a full list of winners and their grants, click here.
None of this would be possible without our amazing sponsors!
- First Community Credit Union
- McNair Endowment Interest
- Spring Branch Education Foundation (SBEF)
For answers to questions or more information, contact the Partnerships & Volunteer Team!
Do you want your name or company name listed in the box on the left?
Do you want to make kids as excited as they are in the video below?
Do you want to make a lasting impact on the educational journey for Every Child?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you are ready to sponsor! Contact Katie Redd at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-251-2460.