As we tenaciously accept the challenge of this new normal, SBISD will continue to follow the guidance of local, state and national health and government agencies with two guiding imperatives:
- the health, safety and well-being of our students, staff and families, and
- the academic growth and social-emotional development our students need and deserve and their families expect.
Grounded in our core values, we will:
Prioritize Every Child
- What’s best for children, within the confines of the guidance to which we must adhere, will drive
- our decisions.
- Prioritize instructional continuity, maintaining our commitment to Every Child. Every day.
- Every minute. Every way.
- Be unwavering in our commitment to educational excellence and the SBISD experience, with educators and students held accountable for their part of teaching and learning, even though
- the location of instruction may vary.
Leverage Collective Greatness
- Emphasize our belief that everyone’s work matters.
- Value and place importance on every member of the SBISD Family and hold each other accountable.
- Leverage each individual’s gifts and talents for the good of our children and the system.
Nurture Collaborative Spirit
- Model that each of us is committed to all of us and that professional learning communities, teamwork and sharing ideas are more important than ever.
- Work together, acknowledging the need for flexibility to ensure all ideas are welcomed and illuminated and the most impactful are enacted.
- Recognize everyone is doing their best and understand that we all are experiencing Covid-19 impacts in some way. There will be no judgement.
Expand Limitless Curiosity
- Ask the hardest questions to ensure the best solutions – be willing to be innovative and think differently.
- Learn from family, student and staff experiences and seek feedback when appropriate to continually improve
- Provide all teachers, learners, leaders and families with the tools and supports needed to succeed
- in distance learning
Navigate with a strong Moral Compass
- Sustain the trust of stakeholders as we make hard decisions, and communicate regularly with transparency and empathy.
- Ensure that high quality education as a fundamental, non-negotiable happens for Every Child so they achieve their highest potential, regardless of the circumstances we face.
- Treat others with kindness and respect, even if viewpoints differ.