Opt-in Distance Learning
- Students receive instruction in an online environment and will follow a daily schedule
- Student schedules will require participation in synchronous and asynchronous learning sessions each day.
- Instruction delivered by SBISD teachers, following the SBISD scope and sequence.
- Scheduled instruction and interaction will be made by the online teacher.
- Attendance will be taken daily to fulfill local and state requirements.
- While it is recommended that students maintain this instructional setting for a semester, students who opt-in to the distance learning program may return to in-person instruction at the end of the first nine weeks.
- There will be an option to continue online for the semester and school year.
In most cases, the curriculum will be developed by SBISD teachers. In some cases, the course curriculum will come from our virtual course partners APEX and Edgenuity. For Dual Credit and OnRamps courses, the instructional continuity plan of the partner institutions will be followed