Requests from news media can be directed to
Spring Branch ISD has plenty of great stories to tell and is committed to working with news media both proactively and at the request of news organizations.
Requests for specific information can be made through the Communications Department.
News releases regarding school activities, events and/or student/staff achievements are periodically sent to local media, including but not limited to local TV stations, radio, magazines and/or newspapers.
Our first priority is the safety and security of our students. These guidelines are in effect at all district campuses and facilities:
- All media inquiries should be directed to the Communications Department.
- The Communications Department should be contacted immediately when a representative of the media visits a campus. If the media visits a SBISD site without prior approval from the Communications Department, he or she should be asked to leave and sent to the Communications Department.
- Media personnel may be allowed on campus to interview staff or students during the school day with approval from the Communications Department and appropriate notification to the campus or building administrator. Cameras/reporters will not be allowed into the classroom or on the campus unless the classroom teacher and/or& appropriate staff members have been notified and it is determined that such a visit will not be disruptive to the learning environment.
- Photographs or video may be taken by the media at the discretion of the SBISD Executive Director of Communications. All students who are being interviewed, photographed and/or videotaped must have proper publicity releases on file before media arrives on campus.
- The Executive Director of Communications shall be the official spokesperson for SBISD. Communications staff will serve as media's point of contact when on campuses.
Requests for media coverage
Information to be released to the local news media can be directed to
If you have a suggestion or idea for a news release,
- please provide as much information about the activity or event as possible to email@example.com.
- be sure to include a contact name and number.
- if photos of students are included, please ensure the students have proper media releases on file.
News releases regarding school activities, events and/or student/staff achievements are sent to local media, including, but not limited to, local TV stations, radio, magazines and/or newspapers.