Sixteen Spring Branch ISD teams competed at the Odyssey of the Mind (OM) State Finals. Ten of these teams placed and secured a spot in the OM World Finals!
Odyssey of the Mind teaches students how to develop and use natural creativity to become problem-solvers through emphasizing creativity, science, technology, engineering, the arts and math. This program brings the classroom to life as students apply what they learn and combine it with their interests and passions to solve unique open-ended problems. OM also emphasizes teamwork, budgeting, time management, public speaking and so much more. This international program is designed to help students at all learning levels grow as individual learners, grow as team members and to reach their full potentials. The skill and self-confidence learned throughout this program is meant to carry over into all areas of students’ lives.
As part of OM, student teams do their best to solve problems from a set of five long-term problems. Problem one is the vehicle problem, problem two is the technical problem, problem three is the classical problem, problem four is the engineering problem and problem five is the theatrical problem. Congratulations to these state finalists!
- Cornerstone Academy - Problem Two - Second place
- Cornerstone Academy - Problem Five - Second place
- Frostwood Elementary - Problem One - First place
- Frostwood Elementary - Problem Three - Second place
- Memorial Middle - Problem Two - Third place
- Sherwood Elementary - Problem Three - Fourth place
- Spring Branch Academic Institute - Problem Three - First place
- Spring Woods High - Problem Four – First place
- Valley Oaks Elementary - Problem Two - Second place
- Wilchester Elementary - Problem Three - First place
The OM World Finals will take place in place May 25-28, 2022, at Iowa State University.
SBISD wishes the best of luck to all the teams competing at the OM World Finals!