Spring Branch ISD will distribute student grab-and-go meals at 10 separate school locations beginning on Monday, August 24, the first day of remote learning for all students across the district. Meal distribution will be held Monday through Friday from 4-5:30 p.m. for all enrolled SBISD students, and will continue until Sept. 8
Beginning Sept. 8, the start date of in-person instruction for families who choose that learning plan, only students in the Distance Learning option will be eligible to receive grab-and-go meals. Please note that all locations, dates, menus and times are subject to change. Sites may close due to inclement weather.
New information will be posted to the Child Nutrition Services website:
SBISD Grab-and-Go meal locations:
- Northbrook High School, 1 Raider Circle, Houston, Texas 77080
- Spring Branch Middle School, 1000 Piney Point Road, Houston, Texas 77024
- Hollibrook Elementary, 3602 Hollister Road, Houston, Texas 77080
- Meadow Wood Elementary, 14230 Memorial Drive, Houston, Texas 77079
- Pine Shadows Elementary, 9900 Neuens Road, Houston, Texas 77080
- Ridgecrest Elementary, 2015 Ridgecrest, Houston, Texas 77055
- Shadow Oaks Elementary, 1335 Shadowdale Drive, Houston, Texas 77043
- Sherwood Elementary, 1700 Sherwood Forest, Houston, Texas 77043
- Spring Branch Elementary, 1700 Campbell Road, 77080
- Treasure Forest Elementary, 7635 Amelia Road, Houston, Texas 77055
Families with students enrolled in SBISD may choose any of the sites listed for meal pickup. A district-issued ID badge or recently issued SBISD letter to families is required to prove enrollment. Parents or guardians may pick up meals without students present if proof of enrollment is displayed for every student meal.
All grab-and-go meals will be distributed outdoors through bus or parent drives using social distancing rules. Onsite signage will help guide families to campus pick-up locations. A single breakfast and single lunch will be issued cold each day with the intent that the meals will be consumed the following day. Reheating instructions will be provided in English and Spanish as necessary.
No meals will be distributed for weekends or student holidays.
Students will be required to pay for meals based on family eligibility. Meal prices will remain the same as last year.
Student Meal Prices
Full-Price Breakfast – 75 cents
Full-Price Elementary Lunch – $2.00
Full-Price Secondary Lunch – $2.25
Reduced-Price Breakfast (All Grades) – 30 cents
Reduced-Price Lunch (All Grades) – 40 cents
Due to the Virtual Learning and online learning plans for students in the weeks ahead, SBISD families are strongly encouraged to set up and use a prepayment account. Families can make payments, check balances and pay online by using School Café options, including www.schoolcafe.com and the School Café app. The payment app is available for both Apple and Android devices.
All meal and grab-and-go schedules are subject to change without notice. For assistance, please call Child Nutrition Services at 713.251.1150.
- Child nutrition