Message for the public regarding the Aug. 2 special Board of Trustees meeting
Members of the public who wish to attend and participate in the Monday, Aug. 2 special Spring Branch ISD Board of Trustees meeting, here is important logistical information for you:
- The meeting will begin promptly at 5:30 p.m. in the auditorium of the Spring Branch Educational Center, 9016 Westview Drive, Houston, which is adjacent to Cornerstone Academy. The doors to the facility will open to the public at 4:30 p.m. to allow plenty of time for those who wish to speak at the meeting to fill out the speaker sign-up sheets and to be seated.
- Parking is limited, so attendees are encouraged to consider carpooling to the meeting.
- Members of the public should park at Grob Stadium, the Disciplinary Alternative Education Building, the SBISD Tax Office or at Bear Boulevard Pre-K Center.
- Members of the public should enter the auditorium through the Spring Branch Educational Center’s southeast entry doors off Westview Drive.
- No speaker sign-up sheets will be accepted after 5:29 p.m. All speakers must be registered before 5:30 p.m.
- The maximum time for remarks by individual speakers may be limited by the board president, depending on the number of individuals registered to speak.
- Meeting attendees will be required to maintain appropriate decorum. Disruptions of the meeting will not be tolerated. Anyone engaging in disruptive behavior will be escorted out of the meeting.
- Once the Public Participation section of the meeting has concluded, board members will go into executive session. The board will make no decisions or announcements following the executive session. When the executive session concludes, the board will adjourn the meeting without further public discussion or action.