Did you know Parent U is one of the ways Spring Branch ISD engages parents and families as part of our Family Education, Engagement and Empowerment Framework (E3) strategy? Since 2006, Parent U has been SBISD’s top stop for adult learning and student success and last school year, more than 7,000 families took advantage of our Parent U events via Zoom!
With programming that provides insight on a range of educational topics, along with direct access to district and community resources, Parent U is aimed at supporting parents and families as partners in the education of students.
Each event is specifically targeted with topics chosen for our SBISD families in mind, and all sessions are offered in both English and Spanish.
Be sure to save the dates! Parent U events for the 2021-22 school year include:
- September 11: Planning for the Future (for 6th-12th grade students and families)
- September 28: Paying for College – FAFSA/TASFA/CSS Profile
- October 5: School/Home Literacy Connections (PK-2nd grade)
- October 14: Four-year Planning and Naviance Course Planner
- October 26: School/Home Literacy Connections (3rd-5th grade)
- November 16: School/Home Literacy Connections (middle school)
- January 25: Understanding Math Pathways for Incoming 6th Graders
- January 27: Understanding Math Pathways for Incoming 6th Graders
- February 17: Promoting Healthy and Safe Relationships Online and In-person
- April 28: 504/Special Education Accommodations in College (12th grade)
- May 10: Building Mentally Fit Families
*All Parent U events will take place via Zoom.
Visit the Parent U webpage for more information and for registration links: www.springbranchisd.com/parentu
View an archive of past Parent U presentations here.
Questions? Contact FamilyE3@springbranchisd.com or 713-251-2286.