Spring Branch ISD is considering for adoption instructional materials which fall under special proclamation by the State Board of Education (SBOE). All related materials will be available for public viewing beginning next month.
Public viewing of these materials will be held from 8 a.m. on Monday, Jan. 14, through 4 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 18, inside the West Support Center, 2100 Shadowdale, 77043. The Center is open daily 8 a.m. until 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The State Board of Education has issued Proclamation 2019, which includes the following instructional areas:
- K-8 English Language Arts and Reading
- K-8 Spanish Language Arts and Reading
- 7-8 English Language Learners Language Arts
- K-5 Handwriting (English and Spanish)
- 1-6 Spelling (English and Spanish)
- Personal Financial Literacy (Previously adopted with CTE in 2016)
An online survey will be provided for interested parents and community members to offer feedback to SBISD’s Adoption Committees, Senior Staff and its Board of Trustees. For details, please contact SBISD’s Purchasing Dept. at 713.251.1136.