Need a well-paying job as a school bus driver, custodian, grounds worker or in another auxiliary position? Look no further than the Spring Branch Independent School District in Houston.
The district will hold a job fair for auxiliary workers on Wednesday, July 14, 4 to 6 p.m., at Don Coleman Coliseum, 1050 Dairy Ashford in Houston.
Spring Branch ISD is seeking crossing guards, cafeteria workers, bus drivers, custodians, indoor air quality mechanics, lead roofers, HVAC mechanics II, carpenters, surplus warehouse material handlers and drivers, and grounds workers.
The starting pay for bus drivers is $18.25 an hour. Carpenters start at $20.60 an hour.
Here is a listing of the starting salaries for available Spring Branch auxiliary positions:
- Bus driver: $18.25 an hour
- Lead roofer: $22.11 an hour
- HVAC mechanic II: $23.71 an hour
- Carpenter: $20.60 an hour
- Crossing guard: $13 an hour
- Grounds worker: $12.75 an hour
- Surplus warehouse material handlers and driver: $13.50 an hour for drivers without a commercial drivers license (CDL) and $16.07 an hour for drivers with a CDL
- Indoor air quality mechanics: $20.60 an hour.
Persons interested in the open positions will be interviewed on site at the job fair.
Applications for these Spring Branch ISD jobs also can be made online at https://www.applitrack.com/springbranchisd/onlineapp/_application.aspx?starting=true