If you would like to attend a school other than your neighborhood school, you may apply for a Transfer. Acceptances are based on how many opening, by school.
The Transfer Application window is closed for the school year 2018-2019.
If you have any questions, please call Academic Performance and Support at 713.251.2313 or email email@example.com.
Important Dates for 2018-19:
- New Employee Transfers: Application Window: Feb 12 – Apr 6, Notification Date: Apr 9, Parent Accept by: Apr 11
- Renewal Employee Transfers: Application Window: Feb 12 – Apr 6, Notification Date: Apr 13, Parent Accept by: Apr 17
- Renewal & New Transfers(non-employees): Application Window: Feb 12 – Mar 17, Notification Window: Apr 18 - 30, Parent Accept by: May 1
- What is the SBISD Student Transfer Program
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Transfer Availability
- Student Expectations
- Harvey Guarantee
Once a student receives a transfer, the transfer is valid for one year. All transfer student must follow all rules and regulations of the District. Violation of the terms may result in transfer request not being approved the following year.
Please note that there is no transportation to a Transfer school.
All applicants must apply online in SchoolMint.
Who is eligible to complete a SBISD Transfer application? Any family who lives in or outside of Spring Branch ISD is eligible for a transfer application.
What schools are available to transfer to? Not all schools are available to transfer to - due to lack of space. Click on the "What schools are eligible" tab to see a list of schools and the availability for a Transfer.
How do I apply? School Mint is the online transfer website parents access to complete a student transfer application. School Mint is also available as a free app for any smart phone (download at the App Store for Apple and Android phones).
Are there any fees to apply? Only out-of-District applications have a $50.00 processing fee. You can mail or bring the fee (cash, check, or cashier check) to School Performance and Support Department, 955 Campbell Road, Houston, Texas 77024. Please call 713.251.2467 for more information.
Who reviews and accepts transfers? Campus Principals review and accept Transfer applications for both residents and nonresidents.
My child had an approved Transfer last year. Do I need to apply again? Yes, every family must apply every year.
Can my Transfer be non-renewed during the school year? No, Transfers apply for one year.
Is Transportation provided for my child? Transportation is not provided.
If my child receives a Transfer, is he or she eligible to participate in UIL activities? The student may/may not be eligible in UIL activities according to UIL regulations and guidelines. Transfer guidelines may not supersede any governing portion of UIL regulations in regards to eligibility.
The application asks for an upload of my child's report card and attendance report. How do I upload my report card and attendance report? You can get a copy of these reports from your child's current school. The best way to upload these documents is to use the phone App camera. Your child's application will not be considered complete and submitted unless all required documents are attached.
Whom should I contact if I have questions about the transfer process? Please contact the office of School Performance and Support. We can be reached at (713) 251-2467 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For neighborhood schools, any parent can apply for a Transfer, including in district and out-of-district families. Acceptance is based on the number of available openings, by grade level.
Note: There are no transfers to the Choice Schools whose admissions is by lottery, including Academy of Choice, Cornerstone, Westchester Academy, KIPP Courage, YES Prep Northbrook Middle and High School, and any Dual Language program.
According to SBISD Board Policy FDA (Regulation), a principal may non-renew a transfer at the end of the year for any of the following criteria:
- Misrepresentation of residence on enrollment documents.
- Taking into consideration possible space and enrollment for the coming school year.
- Attendance must be satisfactory. Unexcused absences as well as excessive absences are considered.
- Conduct/behavior must be satisfactory.
- Academic student performance must be satisfactory.
- Punctuality at arrival and dismissal times: It is the responsibility of the parent to ensure students arrive to school and are picked up from school on time.
All out-of-district new and renewal applicants must pay an annual $50.00 processing fee. This fee is due before the end of the application window. There are no fees for in-district or employee applications.
- For renewal applications in SBISD, you can pay your fee at your current school. Cash or money order. We do not accept checks or credit cards.
- For new applications, you need to mail or deliver your fee to the School Performance and Support Department, 955 Campbell Road, Houston, Texas 77024 (Attn: A. Galvan) For more information, please call 713.251.2467.
Please note that the last week of the application window is during SBISD Spring Break. Our offices will be closed from March 12 through March 17.
In the Fall of 2017, our city experienced Hurricane Harvey. As a district, we have responded to your need to have your child's school guaranteed, despite where you currently live.
Harvey Guarantee Letter
We have sent letters to all known Harvey families that lived in district at the time of Harvey. You received a personalized letter that shows your pre-Harvey address and the guaranteed feeder patterns. You may/may not have received a letter. If you have received a letter/email, you have met the requirements to receive the Harvey Guarantee:
- Your family was residing in SBISD on August 25, 2017, and had a child attending a SBISD school to which the family was zoned as of that date; and
- You completed a Student Residency Questionnaire (SRQ) by June 1, 2018, affirming the family's displaced status that has been approved by our Department of External Funding.
- Please complete one Harvey Guarantee Application for your family.
- Complete an SRQ, if you have not already done so.
Harvey Guarantee Transfer Request Form (one per family)
Complete this application and save to your computer; then, send as an email attachment to email@example.com. You can also mail the form to School Performance and Support, attn. Harvey Guarantee, 955 Campbell Road, Houston, Texas, 77024.
Download: Harvey Guarantee Application
Student Residency Questionnaire (SRQ)
School Performance and Support 713.251.2467