Beginning in August 2022, Canvas will replace itslearning as the District’s learning management system (LMS). Canvas provides parents improved real-time access to student’s courses and enhanced teaching and learning for students. Families can also log in to Canvas to easily view student’s courses, assignments, and important dates at any time.
Canvas benefits include:
- Anywhere, anytime access to digital coursework and instructional content
- Consolidated materials in one place with quick, easy access
- Streamlined communication and collaboration from any device
- Canvas is one way SBISD is simplifying and consolidating our platforms to ensure a great learning experience for all.
How do I log in to Canvas?
Parents/guardians are enrolled in Canvas courses as observers. They are linked to a single student or multiple students. Observers can view course content, assignments, due dates and events, but they cannot participate in the course.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I view my student’s grades?
- To view students’ overall course grades, please visit Skyward Family Access.
How do I adjust my Canvas notifications?
- Log in to Canvas on the web
- Click on Account in the global navigation menu on the far left.
- Then, select Notifications
- Notifications can be adjusted for your entire account or on a course-by-course basis
- Modify your notifications by selecting one of four delivery frequency options for each notification type (click on the icons):
- Don't send
- Weekly summary
- Daily summary
- Notify me right away
Who do I contact for support?
- If you login but do not see your child’s courses, please reach out to your child’s teacher.
- If you have questions about course materials, please reach out to your child’s teacher.
- If you are unable to login using your Family Access email address after following the instructions provided (English / Spanish), please check with your campus to confirm the email address you have on file.
How can I access the Canvas App for mobile devices?
Canvas Parent App Guides:
How can my child access additional support for Canvas?
Canvas Student Guides: