Before You Begin
This application is for Choice Schools only. To apply for a Transfer application, see "Transfer Process" menu choice.
Ask your child for his/her SBISD student ID number. This is a six-digit number, commonly known as their lunch number. You will need this for your application.
Also, please enter all current SBISD student siblings.
How to Complete an Application
- You will need to log into SchoolMint. If you have a previous application, you will update your information and apply for the 2019-2020 school year.
- You will go through a series of questions. You might not know all the answers. The system allows you to save your application and complete at a later date.
- You need to enter your child's six-digit SBISD student ID. You can look up this number in SKYWARD - or ask your child to tell you his/her lunch number.
- Once you submit your application, you cannot go back and make changes.
- Only complete applications are considered for the lottery.
How to Accept/Decline an Offer
On February 22, 2019, after 4 pm, you will get notified by text message and/or email. This message will inform you of your child's status: either you received an offer from a school - or your child is on the Waitlist. Follow these steps:
- Log into SchoolMint.
- Evaluate your child’s lottery choice.
- You then manage your childs choice by accepting or declining the offer. The Waitlist stays open until the first three weeks of the 2020 school year.