The SBISD Family Education, Engagement and Empowerment Framework (Family E3) affirms the critical role parents, families and our community play as our partners in the education of Every Child we serve.
Family E3 asserts SBISD’s commitment to and responsibility for a sustained, strategic emphasis on serving and supporting every SBISD family.
- Educate: Sharing knowledge, skills, and resources to equip families to support the development of the whole child
- Engage: Fostering intentional collaborations between schools, families, and communities on behalf of every child.
- Empower: Equipping, encouraging, and expecting families to advocate for the success of their children, their schools, and SBISD.
Supporting E3 - Parent U
SBISD hosts a range of programs specially design to support our parents and their unique needs. We call these events Parent U opportunities! Parent U connects parents and family members to the resources they need to ensure their kids are T-2-4 ready!
The Family E3 Framework was developed over the 2016-17 school year by a team of more than 40 SBISD parents, community partners and staff and will be implemented over the next five years, with annual action plans and metrics of success guiding continual improvement efforts and initiatives.
Family Education, Engagement, and Empowerment (Family E3) is guided by our Family E3 Core Beliefs that parents are Learners, Partners, and Advocates.
Students whose families are engaged in their education in some way:
- Earn higher grades and test scores
- Are less likely to be retained a grade
- Are more apt to have an accurate diagnosis for educational placement in classes
- Attend school regularly
- Like school and adapt well to it
- Have better social skills
- Have fewer negative behavior reports, and
- Graduate and go on to post-secondary education