Ceremony guidelines - video
Jennifer Blaine, Ed.D., Superintendent of Schools
SBISD high school principals
(as of May, 6, 2020)
Monday, June 1
Memorial High School
Tuesday, June 2
Northbrook High School
Wednesday, June 3
Stratford High School - Weather delay
Students arrive at 7:30 PM, Live streaming begins at 8:30 PM (weather permitting)
Thursday, June 4
Spring Woods High School
Event and live streaming delay due to rain. We will post updates on status on the SBISD website and social media. (updated 7:20PM)
Saturday, June 6
Saturday, June 6
Rain Date (times TBA, if needed)
NO FLOWERS NO GIFTS NO FOOD OR DRINK
NO SIGNS NO BALLOONS NO NOISEMAKERS
NO BAGS, ONLY SMALL CLEAR BAGS FOR HEALTH ITEMS
Our highest priorities as we plan this special event for you and your families are safety, security and adherence to all health protocols and requirements set forth by Governor Abbott’s Executive Order and the Texas Education Agency (TEA).
While more information will be forthcoming, we know you want to begin making arrangements for your family. Here are some details we can share at this time:
- Each graduate will receive a maximum of four non-transferable tickets for family members who wish to attend. We are abiding by TEA’s guidelines to limit the number of participants to a level that can be managed in the outdoor venue to maximize social distancing, both during the event and during entry and exit.
- Our graduation ceremony will be live-streamed on the SBISD website. We recommend that individuals considered “at risk” (for example, elderly individuals, individuals with compromised immune systems, anyone who has been in contact with a COVID-19 patient, etc.) should not attend the ceremony and should, instead, view it online.
- Gates at Tully stadium will open for guests at 6:00 p.m. More information will be forthcoming specific to graduate arrival and check-in.
- Only one car per family, please.
- We expect it to be very warm outside. Attendees should dress accordingly.
- Bags, regardless of size, will be prohibited. This means no purses, backpacks or other bags may be brought into the stadium, unless required for health reasons. Under these circumstances, a small clear bag must be used. Additional information about other prohibited items will be forthcoming.
- Prior to entering the ceremony, students and attending family members will asked by an SBISD employee to indicate if they have any Covid-19 symptoms, including the following:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chillsMuscle Pain
- Muscle Pain
- Sore Throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit
- Known close contact with a person who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19
(Note: Individuals with COVID-19 signs and symptoms will be excluded from participating and attending the ceremony.)
- Strict social distancing guidelines will be in place for all graduates and guests. Attendees will be asked to sit in the designated areas and adhere to the social distancing guidelines issued by local, state, and national health agencies/authorities.
- Masks, branded with our high school logo, will be provided for graduates and they will be expected to wear them throughout the ceremony.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available at all entrances.
- Per TEA guidelines, and consistent with actions taken by many institutions across the state, attendees are encouraged to wear face cloth face coverings (over the nose and mouth) while inside the facility or coming in contact within six feet of another person who is not a member of that person’s household.
We will continue to provide more details as our plans develop further.